ALC History

Our History

In 1993 Pastors Scott and Valerie Stevens held the first Easter Service in their home.

church 1

As the church grew they would need a bigger facility and moved to a store from on Washington Street in Two Rivers.

Store front location on Washington Street.

 

God would continue to add to the church and they would soon need to move again.  From Washington St they would move to the corner of Adams and 16th.

Church located on the corner of Adams and 16th Street.

God then lead the church body to start looking for land to build a facility.  In 2000 Abundant Life Church purchased land and began building a facility that would meet the needs of the congregation.

Ground Breaking October 2000.

 

In 2014 there was a great need for more space for classes.  The vision was cast and we broke ground on an educational wing.

Ground Breaking Easter 2014.

Abundant Life Church started in 1993 in the Stevens’ home. The congregation began as a Bible study with six people who wanted to see a Bible-based, apostolic church established in Manitowoc County. This small group quickly grew into a church with 16 members added in the first year. This required the church to relocate to a store front at 1815 Washington Street in Two Rivers. God continued to bless and to increase the congregation through the dedicated members and leadership. After two years at the Washington Street location, the continual growth prompted the church to look again for a larger facility.

In 1997 Abundant Life Church purchased the Two Rivers Community Credit Union on the corner of Adams and 16th St. The church expected the new facility to meet their needs for next five years. However, the church outgrew that facility in just three short years.

In 1999, the Abundant Life Church family voted to purchase land for the purpose of building a permanent church home. The 1969 Roosevelt Avenue property provided great visibility and frontage along Memorial Drive (State Highway 42).

In October 2000 the Abundant Life Church family broke ground for a new facility. The construction of this facility consisted of a 180-seat sanctuary, classrooms, offices, kitchen, and fellowship area. On Easter Sunday 2001, Abundant Life Church worshipped in their new facility.

On Easter Sunday 2014 the Sunday School children broke ground for a new 1800 sq. ft. education wing. The now completed project includes four new classrooms, one additional office, and renovations of two classrooms and two church offices.

Abundant Life Church continues to enjoy spiritual and numerical growth. The congregation is a multi-cultural, multi-generational, community of believers on the Lakeshore. To accommodate their growth they plan to build a new 300-seat sanctuary. The Abundant Life Church family has great expectations for what God will do as they move forward for tomorrow.